Scott Morrison & the Australian Government Talk about Scamming in 2020
Scams are a problem…. Not just for large businesses or government sectors though, also for small to medium businesses.
So, what is the Australian Government doing to help – Not as much as you can do to help yourself! They’ll create awareness training courses, they’ll encourage you take security seriously. But, too often we see a major lacking in security within small to medium businesses & even the domestic public.
So, what’s been happening?
Australians are being targeted by sophisticated state-funded cyber actors – This means that even though they might not be specifically targeting you or your company, it is possible that you suffer from their attacks. As such, you need to take it seriously.
What can I do?
- Software & Firmware Updates.
- Layered security from the internet all the way down to your computers.
- Encrypted data in transit & at rest.
- IT infrastructure that is secure by design.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Stay up to date with blogs & forums.
- Dedicated security team or third-party security provider.
- & more, it’s endless which is why you need a dedicated team to assist with keeping your organization safe & secure.
I hope this helps to make sense of what’s happening with the recent news from Scott Morrison on behalf of the Australian Government.